Thursday, May 3, 2007

“All About Travel by Kay”-- First Blog

At my age, it seems strange to be using as much technology as I do, and now I have decided to create a blog. It wasn’t so long ago that I didn’t even know what a blog was. This is my very first blogging experience.

Let me introduce myself: my name is Kay and I have decided to host a blog forum about travel. I have couple of reasons for deciding to do this—last year I retired from one career and now I am embarking on another one. The best part is that my new business is something I have always enjoyed—TRAVEL. And the company is in the Dallas area and we provide travel arrangements for people like me. My paid job is to help get the word out so that the individuals who would like the information will have it. How perfect is that !?! I love to travel and talk about travel, and now it is my job! As a result, I will have access to all kinds of interesting travel facts and resources. I have decided to share that with you using a blog.

So, this is my first post. In my job I will be reading a lot about travel and the travel business (as well as doing a fair amount of traveling) and as I learn about all this, I plan to make that information available to anyone who wants to read it.

I invite you to participate, but I would like to establish a couple of ground rules. This blog is being established in order to have a civil discourse about the topic of travel. Let’s avoid slandering anyone or including any vulgarity. This is a PG rated site. I expect that we might have differences of opinion, but let’s keep it polite.

This is good for both of us. As I share what I learn, you can give me feedback or add extra information. Then everyone benefits. I expect to add further posts frequently and I hope you will check back during the week to see what’s new. This will all be more fun if you contribute too. For instance, why don’t you begin by asking anything you want to know about travel. I will try to find the answers.

Happy Traveling!

No comments: