Friday, June 15, 2007

Travel Headaches

I heard a commentary on the radio yesterday concerning the headaches travelers can expect as we head into the peak season. I had noticed that all the flights I have been on lately have had every seat full. The expert noted that my impression was accurate. He said that, after the airlines were impacted by 9/11 and the industry retrenched, it has been growing back. Traffic today is above pre-2001 levels. However, the number of aircraft were reduced, and they were replaced with smaller planes that are less expensive to operate. This means that there are more travelers with fewer available seats. No wonder all the flights are packed. Those of us who travel will do better if we understand that checkins will take longer, there won't be much room, and other people will be stressed. I just try to stay relaxed and then have a better experience. I hope you can do the same.

No comments: